Our client is a leading 3PL provider with sites across the UK.
The Transport Manager will report in to the General Manager at our clients operation in North London. Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the effective operation of the Transport function, driving continuous improvements & further develop integrated transport solutions to deliver a premium & cost effective service.
- Run the transport operation in order to meet agreed budgets and KPI's covering costs, productivity and service standard.
- Manage the performance of the fleet in order to ensure maximum operational efficiency and service excellence.
- Client interface with all major customers including implementation meetings and customer reviews.
- 24/7 operational accountability via a management and first line management team.
- Demonstrate the expected behaviours and standards of a people leader to help recruit, engage and develop the capability of our people and generate the right customer service culture for our business.
- Manage the relationships with the Central department contacts in order to enhance internal service standards and facilitate service through to the customer.
- Ensure that good management practice and all processes are followed in order to ensure the health and safety of our employees and customers.
The successful Transport Manager will live within a commuting distance of North London and be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- Previous transport managerial experience of a mixed fleet transport operation (HGV's through to Van's).
- Multi-drop transport experience is advantageous.
- Good commercial knowledge of transport operations, ideally including experience of operating in a closed book - shared user environment.
- You must hold a CPC qualification.
- Have demonstrable leadership experience and be an effective communicator across all levels.
- H&S, Compliance and Fleet management experience.
A competitive basic salary and package is on offer for the successful candidate.