Our client are a market leader within the events industry.
In the role of Transport Manager for this high profile business you will be responsible for the following:
- Management of a team of seasonal, part time and full time drivers and porters.
- Work with leasing companies and managing the in-house fleet of up to 10 vehicles.
- Allocating drivers and vehicles to jobs
- Booking extra vehicles/ larger vehicles when required
- Arranging deliveries outside the UK
- Being able to react to ad hoc requests from clients at weekends and out of office hours.
- Make sure that daily vehicles checks are completed by drivers and damages or defects are reported and fixed
- Ensure compliance with all rules on drivers working hours and H&S
- General and ad-hoc administration
We are looking to speak with candidates who possess the following key traits:
- Excellent ability to forecast and plan for the future
- Ability to reassess situations and problem solve
- Good knowledge of London and surrounding areas
- Knowledge of Health and Safety policy
- Keep an eye on the big picture while focusing on details
You will receive a competitive salary and benefits. The office is open 8:30-17:30 but you will be required to be flexible and work longer hours if necessary, as you will be one of the emergency contact out of office hours.