Based in Bristol my client is major logistics distribution and supply chain business, this is an amazing opportunity to progress your career and join a company who is always focused on developing their people to enable them to reach their full potential.
- Taking responsibility for the implementation of the business plan for the future growth of the Distribution Centre.
- Overseeing the recruitment and development of the Transport team.
- Manage the Transport department against both cost and KPI's.
- Analyse and minimise risks in all areas of Operator Licence responsibility by managing compliance and ensuring all transport legal matters are dealt with professionally and efficiently
- Use detailed analysis of department performance to drive improvements
- Forge strong communication links within the department.
- Use detailed analysis of department performance to drive improvements and provide cost effective delivery.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety and Hygiene regulations and standards are adhered to.
- Actively contributes to the site weekly team meetings and national group meetings as required.
- Identifying and developing proactive transport approaches.
- Ensuring that Driver training is carried out within company policy and legal compliance
- Conducting monthly 1 to 1's and agreeing individual development plans
- Leading the transport team in line with the values, with high visibility through regular meetings and coaching, promoting a culture of achievement and responsibility.
- Experience of managing a team
- Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)
- Good level of computer literacy
- Flexibility around working hours
Salary £40,000 - 45,000
25 + 8 days bank holiday