My client is in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain sector and is the UK's market leader.
The Transport Manager in Salisbury will be responsible for...
- To manage and comply with Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems policy and legislation.
- Manage all drivers to full legal compliance.
- Review and pro-actively manage your line reports training requirements.
- Manage, develop and motivate line reports to achieve all Key Performance Indicators.
- Agree and achieve the transport budget with the Operations Manager.
- Develop and maintain all relationships with key service providers to ensure full legal compliance.
- Effectively resolve any issues arising from customer, drivers or third parties to the satisfaction of those concerned
- To monitor transport operations activities ensuring that contractual obligations for the customer is achieved, generating solutions for improvement where necessary.
- To ensure that the transport function is legally compliant by ensuring correct compliance processes are in place, and are monitored.
- To ensure that the use of core / agency staff , own fleet / hire vehicles and subcontractors are optimised in line with business requirements (i.e. resource levels are appropriate for the volumes)
- Managing customer perception through meeting service levels, ensuring service failures are communicated effectively and that recurring issues are resolved.
- To ensure full compliance with all HR activities and responsibilities.
- Provide effective P&L control on the contract ensuring budgetary targets are met.
The Transport Manager must have...
- Previous FMCG Transport Manager experience
- Experience managing a multi drop large fleet of 50+
- Previous experience managing a Transport Management team
- National CPC qualification
The successful candidate will receive...
- A salary of £40,000 to £50,000 depending on experience
- Pension Scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- 25+8 Days Holiday
- Monday to Friday Day Shifts