I am recruiting for a market leading, industry recognised Transport company who specialise within the recycling sector across the Midlands.
My client requires a Transport Manager to oversee all of their Transport and distribution needs from their Derbyshire operation, overseeing a fleet of 30+ vehicles and managing a headcount of c30 employees.
The Transport Manager role will require the successful individual to:
- Report into the Regional Transport Manager / Operations Director.
- Manage the drivers on a daily basis - c. 30 heads.
- Planning of routes on a multi-drop and multi-collection basis.
- Ensure all vehicles are legally compliant in line with company and VOSA standards.
- Maximise the efficiency of the fleet at every occasion, including backhaul operations.
- Coach and deliver a high performing team that works proactively to achieve key KPI's.
- Ensure a thorough and compliant on boarding process of all drivers is delivered.
- Have an awareness of fleet maintenance requirements and SLA's.
The successful candidate for the Transport Manager position in Derbyshire will have the following skills and experiences;
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- At least 3+ years experience as a Transport Manager.
- Managed a Transport operation of 30+ vehicles.
- Hold a valid CPC National / International qualification - essential.
- Prior experience of being named on an 'O' Licensce - essential.
- Have experience working within Recycling sector - advantageous
- Experience of P+L responsibility of up to £1m.
- A strong commercial mindset.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Live within a commutable distance of Derbyshire.
This position offers a great package, including;
- Salary - £35,000 to £40,000
- Company bonus.
- Holiday package.
- Pension contributions.
- Plus additional company benefits.