Our client operate with the FMCG are interested in candidates who come from within a similar environment.
In the role of Transport Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Provide daily details of Departmental issues which will directly affect ability to perform all expected Transportation tasks including any Driver resource/skillset shortfalls with remedial action taken;
- Ensure relevant Operator Licence for Site is legal and fully compliant covering all other named facilities -
- Guarantee at all times that Department is fully compliant with all Company legal responsibilities covering all data recording and auditing purposes;
- FORS compliance to be treated as a priority at all times with requirements updated accordingly;
- Providing proactive operational support to ensure efficient running of the Transport Department;
- Conduct Weekly Health and Safety checks within the Department to ensure full compliance at all times onsite;
- Engage fully in all aspects of Staff Training identified and delivered by the Department through designated training support;
- Engage fully in delivery of the Site Task List/CI projects
- Ensure all Transport operations run smoothly, efficiently with full adherence to all relevant legislation at all times;
- Supporting the Business with operational support where requested delivering promotional activity and seasonal peak activity;
- Ensuring the DC have processed shipments and met agreed deadlines.
The ideal candidate will come from within similar Transport Management role and will understand the service and FMCG sector. They will have strong man management and compliance knowledge as well as communication skills, both verbal and written. Performance Measurement programmes (KPI) is important as is previous experience of managing Customer expectations. Candidates with a Management CPC are encouraged to apply but it is not essential.
You will receive a competitive salary and benefits. More importantly the role comes with fantastic opportunities for development and progression.