I am recruiting for a market leading, industry recognised Transport company who operate across the Midlands. My client has ambitious growth plans to continue to dominating the market.
My client requires a Transport Manager to oversee all of their Transport and Distribution needs from their Derbyshire operation, overseeing a fleet of 50+ vehicles and managing a headcount of c50 employees.
The successful Transport Manager, based in Derbyshire will be responsible for;
- Managing a team of up to 50+ drivers.
- Ensuring the profitability of all transport movements.
- Full fleet responsibility for up to 50+ vehicles.
- Take responsibility for health and safety and the co-ordination of associated activities.
- Overseeing a Transport Planning team.
- FORS experience - advantageous.
- Responsible for the compliance and maintenance of all vehicles
- Coach and deliver a high performing team that works proactively to achieve key KPI's.
- Ensure a thorough and compliant on boarding process of all drivers is delivered.
The successful Transport Manager, based in Derbyshire will;
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- At least 3+ years' experience as a Transport Manager.
- Managed a Transport operation of 40+ vehicles.
- Hold a valid CPC National / International qualification - essential.
- Prior experience of being named on an 'O' Licence - essential.
- Experience of P+L responsibility of up to £3m.
- A strong commercial mindset.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Has the ability to drive profitability of a transport operation.
- Proven commercial ability is an advantage.
- Is able to drive an excellence culture.
- Live within a commutable distance of Derbyshire.
The successful candidate will receive;
Salary - £45,000 to £50,000
Plus additional company benefits.