My client is an established, sector leader within the manufacturing and retail sector. They are currently expanding their operations in the Mansfield area. As one of the highest performing companies in the sector, they are actively searching for only the highest calibre talent to join their new start-up operation.
On a daily basis the successful Transport Manager will report into the Operations Director. The operation will be responsible for the supply of goods to over 60+ stores across the United Kingdom. A key understanding of VOSA regulations and compliance will be key in ensuring deliveries are made in a timely manner. Overall the Transport Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Managing a team of over 30+ drivers and 5x office based staff on a daily basis.
- Ensuring overall fleet compliance in-line with VOSA regulations.
- Responsibility for drivers hours, rotas, holidays, and business rewards scheme.
- Ensuring KPI's are set and achieved in line with business goals.
- Overall responsibility for on-time delivery scheduling
- Oversight of a transport planning function responsible for UK wide deliveries.
- Responsibility for transportation cost control, especially within a cost-driven sub-contractor network.
In order gain a positive response in this Transport Manager application you will desirably hold the following skills and experiences:
- 3+ years experience in transport operations management of teams exceeding 30+ direct reports
- Essential prior transport planning experience.
- Degree level education (BSc, BA, BEng, etc) would be beneficial.
- CPC (International & National) would improve your application.
- Commutable to the wider Mansfield area.
- Experience of project start-ups.
- Overall the role would suit established Team Leader's, Supervisor, First Line Managers, Shift Managers, Transport Managers currently within the logistics sector.
The successful Transport Manager will command the following package of remuneration:
- Competitive bonus.
- Excellent opportunities for progression.