My client is in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain sector and is a market leading global brand.
The Transport Manager in Bristol will be responsible for...
- Responsible for a team of shift managers, team leaders, planners and drivers
- Manage the operation in line with budgets
- Proactively motivate drivers and other team members, to achieve planned targets and deadlines and resolve any issues on a daily basis
- Ensure daily briefings and debriefs of driving team members
- Ensure absences, sickness and holidays are covered with trained agency personnel
- Carry out inductions to ensure staff are trained in Company procedures, policies and Health & Safety
- Ensure any absence, conduct or performance issues are dealt with
- Ensuring effective collation of statistical information for various transport reports
- Responsible for ensuring that all vehicles meet with transport legislation, and all live defects are rectified and signed off
- Management of tachograph records, purchasing and vehicle downloads
- Ensuring the correct management of drivers' hours, working time directives and monitoring of reference period averages
- Close liaison with other departments within the site
The Transport Manager in Bristol will have...
- International and National CPC
- Experience managing a large fleet of vehicles at 50+ drivers
- Experience managing a management team
- Budget and P&L management experience
The successful candidate will receive...
- A salary of up to £50,000 depending on experience
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Monday to Friday Day Shifts
- Private Health Care