A leading 3PL distributor, based in Leicestershire are actively strengthening their Transport division with the addition of an experienced Transport Manager. This business operates within a multi-user contracted client base across a broad product range.
My client are seeking somebody with good commercial acumen with the ability to control a £3M budget whilst looking to proactively grow their footprint.
The position offers a great package, a rewarding and enjoyable working environment and fantastic opportunities to progress within the company.
The role of the Transport Manager - 3PL Business will be to:
- Report to the General Manager.
- Hold the O'licence for the site.
- Responsible for all operational UK Transport from site.
- Responsible for fleet a team of 30+ drivers.
- Fully accountable for the day to day running of the transport function.
- Management of planning, organise and supervise the activities and resources of the Distribution Team across the UK.
- To be fully accountable to ensure that the sites are legally compliant at all times, this will include servicing & maintenance, driver's hours, tacho downloads both driver and vehicle unit along with all training - drivers CPC, MHE and manual handling.
- Accountable for achieving agreed KPI's and Business Targets by maintaining and monitoring the effectiveness of deliveries.
- Manage and work with the teams at the sites to control discipline, attendance and performance levels - service and cost, are in line with Company policy, expectations and transport regulations and legislation.
- Interaction with internal colleagues in internal sales functions and external agencies/contractors/ fleet operators.
- Be commutable to Leicestershire.
The successful candidate for the Transport Manager - 3PL Business, position will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Be CPC National and / or International qualified (Essential)
- 3+ Years Transport experience at either a Shift Manager or Manager level.
- Have managed in excess of 30 drivers previously.
- Experienced in managing across multiple sites.
- Have a good understanding of legal compliance, drivers hours and WTD's.
- Experienced within both bulk and multi-drop environments and operations.
- Have great communication skills both written and verbal.
This role offers:
- Salary - £38,000 - £45,000
- Pension Contributions.
- Holiday Allowances.
- Plus additional company benefits.