My client is in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain Sector and is a market leading brand.
The Transport Network Manager will be responsible for...
- Ensure the shared Network and Transport operations exploit all efficiency opportunity, maximising operational efficiency whilst delivering excellence in customer service.
- Ensure efficient cost and effective planning of the operation including warehousing, traffic and administration.
- Ensure all platforms are stable cost competitive and best in class service levels.
- Manage the operations ensuring that Service Level Agreement KPI's are achieved
- Ensure all relevant operational procedures are adhered to in order maintain Company quality standards and competitiveness
- Monitors and review operational performance and takes timely action to address any issues.
- Manages operation to meet required levels of productivity and ensure DVSA regulatory compliance.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement measures to drive the operational effectiveness of the contract.
- Build and maintain relationships with key customer personnel by ensuring regular and effective contacts
- Optimise revenue opportunities by offering our full range of services to customers and their wider parent company
- Liaise with Customer/Warehouse Manager to challenge existing methodologies and make recommendations as to best working practices and/or cost saving initiatives
- Liaise with Transport Manager (direct reports) to challenge existing methodologies and make recommendations as to best working practices and/or cost saving initiatives
- Create and present KPI's to the customer and within the business. Identify trends and suggest ways of managing performance improvement where necessary
- Report on performance across the network, communicate with outbase management teams and ensure best working practices are reflected throughout
- Develop the customer base in terms of supplier collections maximising efficiency and profitability.
- Accurate reporting of weekly financial data to ensure a timely flow of information back to the customer
- Review weekly financial data ensuring anomalies are questioned and investigated
- To produce weekly, monthly reports in line with agreed timescales that are fit for purpose and audience
- Drive customer service throughout the contract service centre ensuring all necessary training and development is afforded to all colleagues.
- Day-to-day liaison with the customer, resolving problems within scope of responsibility and jurisdiction.
- Work proactively with both on customer operations, call centre and external Suppliers to minimise issues and acts decisively when issues occur
- Represent the company at customer meetings ensuring all actions are completed within the allotted timescales.
- Dealing with and escalating customer complaints ensuring effective resolution and protecting the company image
- Manage all aspects of people management processes in line with company policy, including: recruitment, discipline and grievance, absence and performance management
The Transport Network Manager in Andover will have...
- Is an experienced Transport/Logistics Manager with Commercial awareness
- Proven success in operating within budgetary requirements whilst achieving and exceeding customer expectations
- Has National CPC qualification.
- Is literate and numerate to GCSE or NVQ Level 2 or equivalent standard.
- Comprehensive knowledge or Transport, Drivers hours, WTD and Employment law.
- Familiarity with Transport management systems
- IT Literate - Minimum of basic office packages
The Transport Network Manager will receive...
- A salary of £42,000-£48,000 depending on experience
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- 25+8 Days Holiday