I am partnering with a leading FMCG client in the Lutterworth region area a Transport Operations Manager position to oversee their daily Logistics operation. The position offers a great package, enjoyable environment and fantastic opportunities to progress within the company.
The role of the Transport Operations Manager will be:
- Reporting to the Operations Manager.
- Responsible for all operational Transport activities from site.
- Responsible for a vehicle fleet of c. 20 and an operational team of 25+ drivers and support staff.
- Fully accountable for the day to day running of the transport function within the wider business.
- Heading up localised planning, organise and manage the activities and resources of the Distribution Team across the UK.
- Fully accountable to ensure that the sites are legally compliant at all times, this will include servicing & maintenance, driver's hours, tacho downloads both driver and vehicle unit along with all training - drivers CPC, MHE and manual handling.
- To ensure that the sites pass the transport audits at 95% each occasion.
- To ensure that the sites pass the H&S audit at 90% on each occasion.
- Accountable for achieving agreed KPI's and Business Targets by maintaining and monitoring the effectiveness of deliveries.
- Manage and work with the teams at the sites to control discipline, attendance and performance levels - service and cost, are in line with Company policy, expectations and transport regulations and legislation.
- Interaction with internal colleagues in internal sales functions and external agencies/contractors/ fleet operators.
- Be commutable to Lutterworth, Leicestershire.
The successful candidate for the Transport Operations Manager position will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Be CPC National and / or International qualified (Desirable)
- 3+ Years Transport experience at either a Senior Shift Manager, Transport Manager or Operations Manager level.
- Have managed in excess of 30 drivers previously.
- Experienced in managing across multiple sites.
- Have a good understanding of legal compliance, drivers hours and WTD's.
- Experienced within multi-drop environments and operations.
- Have great communication skills both written and verbal.
This role offers:
- Salary - £38,000 - £42,000.
- Company Bonus / Incentives
- Pension Contributions.
- Holiday Allowances.
- Plus additional company benefits.