A well-recognised UK Logistics distribution company are actively looking to recruit a Transport & Operations Manager into their already impressive operation in Peterborough. Due to continued growth within the company UK wide, this is a newly created role to help take their operation and its people to the next level.
The Transport & Operations Manager role will require the successful individual to:
- Report to the General Site Manager / Operations Director.
- Manage a team of 3 direct reports and up to 50+ drivers and operatives across various shift patterns.
- Be responsible for the daily distribution from the DC, overseeing Legal Compliance, Route Planning, H&S and Customer Service.
- Be responsible for the inbound, pick and outbound activities.
- Be responsible for the entire stock flow within the operation.
- Have full control of the operating budget for headcount.
- Be responsible for the inventory management through your teams.
- Full site H&S control.
- Accountable for people development within the operation.
- Commutable to Peterborough.
The hours of work for this role will be:
Monday - Friday
08:00 - 17:00 or similar to suit business needs
The successful candidate for the Transport & Operations Manager role will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Be Degree educated - Advantageous.
- A minimum of 3+ years Logistics management experience.
- Be CPC qualified - Essential.
- Have managed within Transport & Warehousing operations previously - Essential.
- Have managed in excess of 50+ staff previously
- IOSH and NEBOSH qualifications - Advantageous
- Have experience of LEAN methodologies
- Experience on managing budgets up to £500,000 per year
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Be results driven
- Be commutable to Peterborough.
This role offers:
- Salary - £40,000 to £45,000 - Depending on experience.
- Company Bonus.
- 25 + 8 Holidays.
- Company pension scheme.
- Private medical insurance.
- Company discounts on products.
- Plus additional company benefits.