My client is in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain Sector. They are a Global, Market Leading 3PL Brand.
The Transport Operations Manager in Swindon will be responsible for...
- Direct responsibility for the dedicated transport operation
- Manage and coordinate the work activities within your team.
- To ensure all deliveries and collections meet the required contractual performance standards.
- To proactively manage the daily within the contract.
- Take responsibility for health and safety and the co-ordination of associated activities.
- Ensure a customer focused approach whilst being responsive to customer requirements. Create excellence in customer relationship management by improving the service offered.
- Work closely with the Logistics management team keeping them informed of any changes and initiatives taken on continuous improvement or cost changes.
- Assist with budget preparation with the Logistics management team as required.
- To ensure absence and holiday cover is in place for the role and also assist in absentee and holiday cover where required.
- To ensure good quality communication with the customer on a day to day basis and to deliver any agreed actions required to keep the operation efficient.
- Ensure company policies are communicated, applied and enforced.
- Deliver team member performance reviews and develop or secession planning as appropriate.
- Managing customer perception through meeting service levels, ensuring service failures are communicated effectively and that recurring issues are resolved.
- To ensure that the transport function is legally compliant by ensuring correct compliance processes are in place, and monitored within the 0-license regulations.
- To ensure the correct use of agency, own fleet/hire vehicles and subcontracted are optimised in line with business requirements (i.e. resource levels are appropriate for the volumes).
- To monitor transport operation activities ensuring that contractual obligations for the customer are achieved, generating solutions for improvement where necessary.
The Transport Operations Manager in Swindon must have...
- CPC holder
- Operational understanding of team roles within a transport operation
- Understanding of key operational cost drivers and P&L or cost centre management
- Good communication & presentation skills
- Experience within managing a team in a complex transport operation
- Experience of improving employee engagement
- Experience of working in a trade union environment
- Experience of managing a Transport management team
- Experience of managing an FMCG Transport Fleet
The Transport Operations Manager will receive...
- A salary of up to £60,000
- Car Allowance of £7,000 annually
- Bonus Scheme up to 15%
- 25+8 Days Holiday
- Private Family Medical Insurance
- Pension Scheme