A leading 3PL distributor, based in Leicester are actively strengthening their Transport division for a new contract win for a key UK based client. This role will work on a dedicated account across a single site in Leicester, reporting into the Regional Transport Manager.
My client are seeking somebody with good commercial acumen with the ability to control a £1M budget whilst looking to proactively grow their footprint. The position offers the right person a great package, a rewarding and enjoyable working environment and fantastic opportunities to progress within the company.
The role of the Transport Operations Manager will be to:
- Report to the Regional Transport Manager.
- Hold the O'licence for the site.
- Responsible for all operational UK Transport from site.
- Responsible for fleet a team of 25+ drivers.
- Fully accountable for the day to day running of the transport function.
- Management of planning, organise and supervise the activities and resources of the Distribution Team across the UK.
- To be fully accountable to ensure that the sites are legally compliant at all times, this will include servicing & maintenance, driver's hours, tacho downloads both driver and vehicle unit along with all training - drivers CPC, MHE and manual handling.
- Accountable for achieving agreed KPI's and Business Targets by maintaining and monitoring the effectiveness of deliveries.
- Manage and work with the teams at the sites to control discipline, attendance and performance levels - service and cost, are in line with Company policy, expectations and transport regulations and legislation.
- Interaction with internal colleagues in internal sales functions and external agencies/contractors/ fleet operators.
- Be commutable to Leicester.
The successful candidate for the Transport Operations Manager position will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Be CPC National and / or International qualified (Essential)
- 3+ Years Transport Management experience at ideally Transport Manager level.
- Have managed in excess of 20 drivers previously.
- Experienced in managing P&L's - Open & Closed Book.
- Have a good understanding of legal compliance, drivers hours and WTD's.
- Experienced within both bulk and multi-drop environments and operations.
- Have great communication skills both written and verbal.
This role offers:
- Salary - £33,000 - £36,000.
- Company Bonus.
- Pension Contributions.
- Holiday Allowances.
- Plus additional company benefits.