The client I'm representing are a highly reputable Logistics company which specialise in the distribution of Fast-Moving-Consumer-Goods. Based just off the motorway, they have good transport links from Leeds, York & Harrogate.
Due to growth they're looking at strengthening their transport department by bringing in an experienced operator.
As the Transport Operator you will have the following responsibilities:
- Optimising the usage of driver and other resources to ensure most efficient and cost effective solutions are deployed
- Efficiently plan customer's requirements daily and manage against key KPI's
- Effectively managing confrontational situations acting with diplomacy and demonstrating professionalism in all interactions with drivers, colleagues and customer contact points.
- Timely escalation of issues and change requirements
- Actively manage customer relationships
- Root cause analysis, solution identification and implementation for any service issues that occur
- To supervise and manage the allocated Resource Pool
- To plan the most effective Transport Plan within legal constraints
- To ensure full compliance with Health & Safety requirements.
- To maintain and look to improve Customer Performance
- Produce effective Transport Plans with the legal constraints of the law
- Ensure the daily plan achieves all delivery on time targets and maximises revenue per truck
- Check resource availability for the shift by reviewing the manning levels on a daily basis and planning ahead
- Manage drivers hours in relation to customer requirements and volume demand
The successful candidate for the Transport Operator role will have ideally gained previous experience within a similar role and is looking to progress to the next step in their career. Please see some of the requirements below.
- Previous experience of working within a busy transport office in either a clerical or planning capacity
- Good Communication skills and the ability to use own initiative
- Excellent customer service skills and awareness
- Degree educated (not essential)
- Flexibility in approach to work
- Able to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Planning skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to follow pre-defined steps, methods or approaches but with the ability to modify and adapt when required
£22,000 - £26,000
4 on 4 off - Nights