My client is a leading Freight Forwarding and haulage specialist in the who have a network of sites across the UK. Due to growth of their freight forwarding side of the business, they now require a Transport Planner to support growth across the Peterborough facility.
The role of Transport Planner has a number of objectives:
- Completing the necessary reviews of and ongoing maintenance of delivery routes
- Responsible for all aspects of the business's Transport Planning
- Working alongside operational management on distribution strategy
- Review of key KPI's
- Completion of exercises to drive up both on-time deliveries & route efficiency
- Planning and supporting the delivery routes at all depots on a day to day basis.
- The completion of day to day route changes in both the core transport plan
- It is essential you are comfortable using a variety with I.T. technologies.
- The department uses routing & scheduling software on a day to day basis and it is essential you have working experience routing software.
- The team also uses MS Office extensively with Excel being a mainstay of the working day.
- Have experience in a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain environment.
To be considered for the role of Transport Planner you MUST be able to demonstrate:
- 3+ years experience within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain.
- 3+ years experience of Transport Planning
- Be able to communicate with confidence and be able to present your work in a clear and concise manner
- To be organised and be able to work to strict deadlines in a fast moving environment
- Ability to build working relationships and form part of a small hard working team supporting one another is vital along with a clear willingness to get involved and learn from others
- Excellent IT Skills on Excel and Microsoft packages
- Preferred working knowledge of road traffic, tacho & other relevant transport legislation.
- Commutable to Peterborough.
On offer for the successful Transport Planner - Paragon candidate;
- Salary - £28,000 to £34,000
- Pension Contributions
- Additional Company benefits
- Commutable to Peterborough