My client is a multi-national transport distribution supplier based in the Nottingham area. This exciting opportunity has arisen through the securing of numerous new contracts into my client's current business model and therefore they are looking for a Senior Transport Planner to join their team. The successful individuals will be employed on a 4on4off basis.
The successful Transport Planner will report directly into the Operations Manager and help oversee and challenge both operational and strategic objectives. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Manage the planning, tending and quoting upon a fully sub-contracted operation of over 150+ loads per day.
- Ensure KPI's are achieved with regards to: profitability, on-time deliveries, carrier management
- Ensure all loads are planned quickly, efficiently in line with current SLA's across the carrier network
- Ability to manage a large carrier base, ensuring both quality and service expectations are met.
- Provide strategic analysis of carrier KPI's to management and align expectations.
- Working on a 4on4off rota pattern.
- Commutable to Nottingham.
As a Transport Planner you will be fully responsible for the overall productivity and profitability of our carrier base. You will additionally have the following skills sets and attributes:
- Ideally qualified to Degree level - BA / BSc / BEng certified.
- 5+ years experience within a similar planning environment.
- Managing a personal work-load of over 150 haulage loads per day.
- Knowledge of sub-contraction and the commercial side of the business.
- Prove experience of managing and leading a small team.
- The willingness to progress and develop into a senior role within the business.
- Experience dealing with 'clearing house planning' would be desriable.
£27,000 to £30,000