I have partnered with a growing Haulage business who have a national coverage and big presence in the area. Due to the continued growth of the business, they require a Transport Planner to take the initiative on the Transport operation between Monday and Friday.
You key responsibilities as Transport Planner based in Leicester will include:
- Completing the necessary reviews of and ongoing maintenance of delivery routes
- Responsible for all aspects of the business's Transport Planning
- Working alongside operational management on distribution strategy
- Review of key KPI's
- Completion of exercises to drive up both on-time deliveries & route efficiency
- Planning and supporting the delivery routes at all depots on a day to day basis.
- The completion of day to day route changes in both the core transport plan
- It is essential you are comfortable using a variety with I.T. technologies.
- The department uses routing & scheduling software on a day to day basis and it is essential you have working experience routing software.
- The team also uses MS Office extensively with Excel being a mainstay of the working day.
- Have experience in a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain environment.
To be considered for the role of Transport Planner you MUST be able to demonstrate:
- 3+ years experience within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain.
- 3+ years experience of Transport Planning
- Be able to communicate with confidence and be able to present your work in a clear and concise manner
- To be organised and be able to work to strict deadlines in a fast moving environment
- Ability to build working relationships and form part of a small hard working team supporting one another is vital along with a clear willingness to get involved and learn from others
- Excellent IT Skills on Excel and Microsoft packages
- Preferred working knowledge of road traffic, tacho & other relevant transport legislation.
- Commutable to Leicester.
This is a full time role:
- Salary: £26,000 - £29,000 depending on experience
- Plus: Holidays, Pensions Contributions plus additional company benefits packages and schemes