I am recruiting on behalf of the client who is a large and successful national chemical manufacturer.
The successful candidate will undertake the following roles and responsibilities:
- Managing customer enquiries by phone and email / orders and loading them onto the system.
- Ensuring loads and transport are efficiently planned.
- Optimise the use of all customer's delivery windows to help increase vehicle utilisation.
- Sourcing and communicating transport sub contractors.
- Responding to customer enquiries, providing quotations and keeping them updated as to the progress of deliveries.
- Assist in the closing out job files by obtaining POD and any other required information (Purchase orders, SPTR references etc), and scanning documents onto the system.
- Producing weekly KPIs as directed by your Line Manager.
- Ensuring clear and accurate communication with all UK warehouse's so they are aware of returns and outgoing loads and can plan manufacturing effectively.
- Ensuring paperwork is filed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Managing priorities to achieve desired results and deadlines.
- Liaison with Operations, Accounts and all UK depot's.
- Leading by example with a self-motivated, "can do" approach to achieving requirements & targets.
- Maintenance of system data and its integrity.
The successful Transport Planner will live within a commuting distance of our clients operation near Romford and will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Previous experience in transport planning role
- A good understanding of the UK road network
- Strong communication skills
- An analytical mindset
- Be able to work to tight time schedules
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits.