The client I'm representing are a specialist Logistics business in Huddersfield, which have a well-structured Transport division and have a huge focus on personal development.
As the Transport Planner you will have the following responsibilities:
* Effective trunk route planning of 100+ vehicles
* The effective resolution of problems arising in the network.
* Effective planning and management of both own-fleet and sub-contractor vehicles.
* A strong emphasis in cost-effective planning and the ability to maximise revenues for the business.
* Liaising with both drivers and customers with regards to scheduling within the network.
* Planning of back-haulage within the trunk network with a mind-frame of increasing fleet utilisation.
* Focus on providing efficiency's within the transport network, in order to maximise profits
* Aim to plan for around 150 loads of materials each week
The successful candidate for the Transport Planner will have the follow key skills & qualities:
* Strong experience in a similar centralised planning background with large companies.
* Experience managing vast trunking networks or Control Tower Planning experience.
* Route Planning experience for multi-drop deliveries.
* Experience of project management within transport, looking a maximising fleet utilisation.
* A knowledge of compliance and ADR regulations would be beneficial.
* A flair for customer service
* Experience of working to deadlines in a time-critical logistics environment
* A willingness to learn
* A drive to succeed and better targets
£25,000 - £30,000