My client focuses on distributing food materials nationally across the country. Based in Rotherham, the company has report large scale grow in both revenue and profits over the last half-decade. They are now looking to expand their operation and bring on board like-minded individuals.
The successful Transport Planner will report directly into the Head of Logistics and will be responsible for the following areas:
- Liaising directly with 3rd party transport suppliers
- Assist in negotiating rates with both customers and transport providers
- Focus on providing efficiency's within the transport network, in order to maximise profits
- Aim to plan for around 150 loads of materials each week
- Successfully plan a large national transport network
- Process orders planned by Sales Representatives
- Aim to plan loads in the most profitable way, but driving efficiency's.
The ideal candidate for my clients Transport Planner vacancy will desirable have the following skills set:
- Ideally a degree level of education, or equivalent.
- Experience planning transport networks with over 100 movements per-week.
- Ability to commute within the wider Rotherham area.
- A flair for customer service
- Experience of working to deadlines in a time-critical logistics environment
- A willingness to learn
- A drive to succeed and better targets