My client are a multiple award winning, global distribution business who operate over 100's of sites in the UK.
They provide transport and warehousing solutions covering multiple sectors including; Retail, Fashion, Food, Automotive & FMCG.
The Birmingham operation have experienced significant growth particularly with the customer that this role would be responsible for.
The Transport Project Manager would be responsible for the following:
- Giving direction that supports the Transport Management team in ensuring the Transport Operation runs efficiently and effectively
- Providing strategic and tactical leadership, taking accountability for the overall planning activity and development of the Transport contract
- Ensuring effective communication throughout the operation; engaging with the management team and creating a culture of involved positive change
- Support and develop all transport continuous improvement programmes, identifying opportunities to further improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Collaboration with internal teams and external vendors to generate cost effective solutions
- Direct interfacing with the Customer and reporting at Senior level at Contract Review
- Managing projects from inception to completion within given timescales.
The successful Transport Project Manager will have the following experience:
- Ability to demonstrate experience of complex transport operations
- Proven Project management experience
- High visual presentation skillset
- Strong financial and commercial awarenesss
- Understanding of best practice transport process and systems experience
- Ability to evaluate processes and understand where solutions can improve efficiency within the transport
- Analytical with the ability to align development plans
- Exposure to working in a high volume operation or multi-site operation would be useful
- 3PL/Contract Logistics experience would be advantageous
- Within commutable distance of Birmingham
£50,000 - £60,000 + Car, Bonus, Pension, Holidays