Our client are a national distributor and market leader within their field. Due to the continued success of the business they are looking to expand their operation in the area significantly.
In the role of Transport Shift Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure that all legal, company and statutory requirements concerning the transport operation are adhered to and that records are correctly completed and maintained in accordance to the procedure.
- To ensure routes for failed deliveries and error recoveries have been planned.
- Investigate and report on all customer complaints regarding transport staff.
- To ensure driver de-brief is carried out.
- To comply at all times with relevant legislation regarding food safety and the chill chain equipment.
- To order, monitor and reconcile fuel consumption on the distribution model.
- To ensure all Paperwork & MDT compliance is adhered to by all drivers, actioning where necessary.
- To assist in routing next day deliveries and being heavily involved in weekly/daily plan.
- Continuously monitor and review operating methods. Investigate and implement improvements in efficiency and service where possible.
- Motivate staff with the aim of improving effectiveness through the setting and monitoring of personal goals
- Ensure that customer-facing transport staff are suitably dressed, clean and presentable at all times.
- Discipline staff where necessary to an agreed level in accordance with company procedures.
- Manage the production of accurate customer service and operational KPI's.
- Ensure that all Safe Systems of Work and Risk Assessments are kept up to date and arrange training where necessary.
- Ensure that the Transport Manager & the H&S Manager are made aware of all accidents, dangerous occurrences & near misses and that the relevant reports are completed for all such incidents.
- Ensure that all daily vehicle check, vehicle inspection & defect reporting procedures are in place and managed by the ASM.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with staff at all levels in other departments.
- Updating the KPI board ensuring all the relevant information & figures are captured daily
The idea candidate will have gained or be studying towards a CPC qualification. They will; have experience in a similar Transport management or transport shift management roles and have an understanding of Logistics and LGV vehicles. Candidates are required to have good organisational and time management skills as well as being an excellent communicator.
Upon successfully gaining employment with the business you will receive a highly competitive salary and benefits. Most importantly you will be part of a fantastic business who can offer career and professional development.