Based in Somerton my client is a major logistics distribution and supply chain organisation, this is a great opportunity for a junior to progress their career. This is a fast paced environment so you will need a can do attitude and be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- To ensure that all vehicles and drivers under your supervision are routed effectively to maximise their utilisation at all times, maintaining service levels to Customer and Company requirements, whilst keeping control over associated costs.
- To ensure that drivers under your control are, at all times, dressed in accordance with company guidelines.
- To ensure that vehicles, drivers and trailers operating from Somerton are operating in compliance with statutory obligations regarding Law and Health & Safety.
- To ensure that Company and Customer's paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- To ensure that industrial relations are maintained and that local disputes are dealt with quickly and, where out of your control, ensure that your Senior Manager is aware of the situation.
- Be responsible for the first level of disciplinary procedures to be taken against one of the staff under your supervision.
- To ensure that customer hygiene requirements are followed and achieved.
- To answer the telephone in a courteous manner, dealing quickly with questions that are raised either by the customer or Management.
- Maintain good working relationships with, and between, drivers and customers to ensure that any problems arising are handled amicably and through correct channels.
- Assist in the recruitment of drivers, ensuring that they are properly inducted and trained in operating procedures.
- Previous experience of working within the milk collection environment is essential.
- Leadership skills are essential as you will be managing a busy team.
- Previous customer service experience essential, over the telephone and on email.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Excellent organisational skills and prioritising workload.
Salary £32,000 - £35,000 Salary dependant on experience
Rolling 5 on 3 off shift (10 hour shifts)