You will be joining an International Logistics business with locations globally to ensure a reliable and smooth transport process
Your role as Transport Supervisor is to achieve world class standards through positive and proactive engagement with the driver workforce, creating an open environment to help ensure that the business is recognised as the industry leader in driver relations management.
To supervise the safe and cost effective utilisation of all drivers and equipment within their locations, ensuring that the customer service requirements are fully met and in line with the business objectives
To create an open environment through demonstrating behaviours in line with the Company Values.
Responsibilities of Transport Supervisor based in Stockport will include:
- Ensure that all aspects of the contract SHEQ plan are adhered to
- Assist the Transport Manager in investigating every incident promptly, producing detailed reports and recommending/undertaking follow-up action to prevent recurrence
- Positively influence the Company's Compliance Score, ensuring that all drivers and vehicles within the job holder's sphere of responsibility remain compliant with all regulatory requirements and internal policies/procedures.
- Assist the Transport Manager in delivering industry leading customer service by meeting or exceeding all KPIs in line with the contractual requirements of your customer'ss including, but not limited to: Shift Provision, Tank / Gradeouts, Dropped Loads, Late Loads and customer complaints.
- Create opportunities for formal and informal interaction with the driver workforce & union stewards, maximising face-to-face communication in order to develop strong working relationships
- Ensure that all requests and queries are responded to in a timely and appropriate manner
- Uphold and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity, leadership and fairness at all times whilst adhering to Company policies and procedures.
- or exceeding all KPIs in line with the contractual requirements of your customer(s) including, but not limited to: Shift Provision, Tank / Gradeouts, Dropped Loads, Late Loads and customer complaints.
- Assist in ensuring that all aspects of the contract Customer Service plan are adhered to.
- Driver & Staff Engagement
- Assist in monitoring and maximising profit on a monthly basis against local budget.
- Ensure continuous improvement in all areas of compliance (i.e. prohibitions, drivers hours infringements)
- Ensure that location spend remains in line with budget
- Ensure fuel efficiency targets are met or exceeded
To be sucessfull with your application for Transport Supervisor based in Stockport you will have previous experience working in a busy Transport role and have strong team management skills
You will be joining a leading business who are offering a competitive salary and benefits package