My client is a leading FMCG specialist with continued growth throughout 2019, they are also forecasting further growth throughout 2020. Due to this, they require a Transport Supervisor to support this in house growth across the business.
The role of the Transport Supervisor will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure that drivers adhere to driving legislation at all times.
- To support and assist in the cost effective running for the department.
- To liaise with internal and external customers.
- To carry out investigations / disciplinary when required.
- To ensure that all routes start on time.
- Make necessary adjustments for absence / sickness.
- To schedule routes for ailed deliveries and error recoveries.
- To assist in routing next day deliveries.
- Motivate transport staff with the aim of improving effectiveness through the setting and monitoring of personal goals and measurable targets.
- Ensure that customer-facing transport staff is suitably dressed, clean and presentable at all times.
- Investigate and report on all customer complaints regarding transport staff.
- Ensure that the Transport Manager is made aware of all accidents, dangerous occurrences and near misses and that the relevant reports are completed for all such incidents.
- To ensure driver de-brief is carried out.
As a Transport Supervisor you will have the following skill sets and attributes:
- Have a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- 5+ years experience within a similar transport environment.
- Great communication skills, you'll be communicating with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Previous transport supervisory/management experience is desirable.
- Experience working with transport management systems.
- An understanding of the working time directive in order to control compliance.
- Proven experience of managing and leading a small team.
- The willingness to progress and develop into a senior role within the business.
- CPC would be desirable.
- Commutable to Peterborough.
On offer to the successful candidate:
- Salary - £27,000 to £30,000
- Pension Contributions
- Additional Company benefits
- Commutable to Huntingdonshire, Peterborough