Page Personnel Logistics are currently looking to recruit for multiple Transport Team Managers for one of the UK’s top employers. Client Details
Our client are a leading UK retailer and the role will be based at their distribution fulfilment centre in Greenford. Description
In the role of Transport Team Manager you will be responsible for following:
- Management of a defined number of Drivers/shunters/clerks in the Distribution Centre and lead/inspire them to deliver a great service to stores.
- Meeting the needs of the colleagues in the team by delivering great leadership.
- Ensuring your allocated team of colleagues perform well, providing exceptional service and standards to customers
- Delivering a proactive and preventative approach to Health & Safety, role modelling behaviour, ensuring legal
- Compliance and safe working practices at all times.
- Strong presence throughout the Delivery Service operation, making decisions and balancing priorities.
- The delivery of all operational routines and making decisions that have our customers' needs at the heart of
- Operating in partnership with the Distribution Centre Management team and being a great role model.
- Data analysing information, establishing root cause and putting into place corrective improvement measures.
- Delivering exceptional standards across all operational areas during my shift.
- Working closely with the Warehouse Service Team Managers to ensure we deliver the transport plan.
- Leading and managing the team of colleagues to make sure we work productively and coach/support/manage any colleagues not achieving the targets.
- Planning the teams training needs and developing those who want to get on within the business.
What is most important from applicants is that they have a proven background managing large teams of people. Our client is prepared to teach the technical aspects of Transport and Logistics but will need you to demonstrate experience of engaging with a workforce and driving a performance through others. Candidates should be personable and articulate as well and having the ability to understand and coach operating procedures. Job Offer
This role is working 5 days of 7 across an early, middle and later shift. You will receive a highly competitive salary and additional benefits. You will join a highly regarding UK employer has recorded a record year in sales and continues to develop its standing in the market.