An exciting opportunity to work as a UK IT Category Manager for a leading insurance institution that is going through a technology transformation. A multi-national insurance organisation that delivers great services to a range of end customers. Procurement is driving a transformation especially in the tech space to ensure that the business is getting best value, not just in terms of savings but also considering quality and service.
The key responsibilities of the UK IT Category Manager are:-
- Proactive leadership and accountability for all procurement activity and management of third party spend within the technology sub-categories - software, applications, hardware, infrastructure etc.
- Developing, agreeing with the leadership and managing the execution of the procurement plan and strategy for the category. This detailed category plan and strategy will also include a supplier management plan and strategy as appropriate for the category
- Providing guidance , direction and strategic advice relating to procurement planning and execution for the technology category to stakeholders at all levels across my client
- Developing a savings measurement and tracking methodology specific to the category in scope and ensuring ongoing management and reporting of the same to deliver target efficiencies
- Leading and executing Procurement Projects related to the relevant category of spend and being responsible for both making and influencing strategic and commercial decisions of major significance to finances and delivery of services
- Communication and management of relationship with external suppliers and partners at the relevant seniority levels, both during procurement processes and during the service delivery phase ( including planning and execution of supplier management strategy).
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining an accurate and up to date contract register/database for all categories within the scope of the role
- Direct accountability for accurate and timely management information, including ensuring compliance with relevant procedures for governance, risk and control and assuring the quality of all required information for the Procurement and/or Executive leadership
- Acquiring, maintaining and developing expertise, knowledge and information to support continuous improvement in the technology category from relevant internal and external sources
- Pro-active engagement with the business and/or service functions to plan and support procurement activity, supplier relationship and performance management and contract management
- Flexibility to support and undertake any other duties according to the needs of the procurement function, including management and delivery of strategic sourcing and analytics work as required.
The successful UK IT Category Manager will demonstrate the following:-
Deep experience within technology procurement and category management (including SRM)
Experience of dealing with major stakeholders and strategically important suppliers
Ability to give confidence to stakeholders, customers and suppliers at the highest level
Highly pro-active leadership, decision making and influence across technology sub-categories
Managing category procurement planning and strategy development (including supplier management plan/strategy) with due consideration for political, economic, social, technological, legal, market, and environmental impact
Support the establishment of a new way of working demonstrating the value of procurement, setting standards, reinforcing the enabling culture and approach and embedding the implementation of category management across the organisation
On offer is the opportunity to work in a leading insurance business based out of a great central London as UK IT Category Manager. With a strong package and a real opportunity to make an impact.