A leading Retail business have partnered with Michael Page in their search for a Warehouse Continuous Improvement Manager based from their site in Peterborough, heading up their business change programme through an exciting time of change within the DC.
This role would suit a candidate that has past Project Manager and / or Continuous Improvement experience within a Warehousing operation. The right successful candidate will have a knowledge of CI principles and Lean Six Sigma.
The key responsibilities for the Warehouse Continuous Improvement Manager will be to;
- Improve the service to customers, and have an understanding of the costs and exposures to the business involved.
- Identify and drive performance in line with business wide priorities whilst removing cost from the operation.
- Ensure the team are pro-actively seeking and fixing underlying issues to ensure continuous improvement across the company.
- Understand and develop KPI systems to support the business in achieving targets.
- Provide information and spot trends through data analysis and actively communicate this to a senior management level. Use the information found to drive continuous service improvements.
- Strategically focused to make sound commercial decisions and be pragmatic in order to make an impact from day one
- Be responsible for the implementation of all change initiatives and process improvement.
- Support the management team in the delivery of all KPIs and budgets
- Recognise opportunities and realise results with minimal direction.
- Deliver succession plans by developing internal teams.
The successful Warehouse Continuous Improvement Manager will have the following skills and experiences;
- Have a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Experience of working within a Continuous Improvement / Projects / Lean focused role previously.
- Lean Six Sigma qualification essential.
- Prince2 desirable.
- Good at establishing working relationships and developing personal contacts both internally and externally.
- An analytical mindset with a result driven and commercially aware mindset.
- An understanding of Automated warehousing would be advantageous.
- Strong communicator both written and oral.
- Strong analytical skills and judgement.
- Results oriented person that will constantly challenge the way things are done.
- Within a commutable distance to Peterborough.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive package including:
- Salary - £40,000 - £45,000 - DOE
- Company Bonus
- Company Pension.
- 25 Days + 8 Bank Holidays.
- Private Health Care.
- Plus additional company benefits.