Michael Page / Page Personnel Logistics have exclusively partnered with a leading UK Retailer in their search for a Warehouse FLM - Day Shift for one of their UK DC's in located Peterborough.
This business operate within a popular and growing market sector with profits rising year on year.
On a daily basis the successful Warehouse FLM - Day Shift will report into the Warehouse Manager, leading a team of 15-20 highly successful colleagues. You will also have responsibility for the following areas:
- Daily management of 15+ colleagues, rising to 30+ during peak periods.
- Basis managerial responsibility such as Return to works, appraisals, absence management
- Joint responsibility for continuous improvement within the warehouse such as GEMBA walks and Kaizen events.
- Based upon one of the key warehousing sections, i.e. inbound, outbound, pick & pack, replenishment or e-commerce.
- Responsible for all health & safety across site and promoting a safe atmosphere in which to work.
- Colleague engagement is at the forefront of the business, thus you will be expected to promote a healthy environment.
The hours of works for this role are:
Monday to Friday
08:00 to 17:00
The successful candidate for the Warehouse FLM Day Shift position will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Have managed 15+ people previously in a Warehouse environment.
- Have 2+ years people management experience.
- An understanding of 5S / Lean / Six Sigma would be advantageous.
- Be open to Continuous Improvement and Change Management ideas in an every changing business unit.
- Have worked within a Retail / E-Commerce environment previously - Advantageous.
- Be commutable to Peterborough.
The successful candidate may have worked within a Warehouse Operative, Warehouse Senior Operative, Step Up Operative, Warehouse Coordinator, Warehouse Team Leader, Warehouse FLM, Warehouse Supervisor, Warehouse Shift Manager role previously.
This position offers not only great hours, a great package too including:
- Salary - £24,500 to £26,500 including paid overtime.
- Company Bonus
- 22 Days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
- Company pension contributions.
- Company discounts.
- Additional company benefits.