I am supporting the search of a Warehouse General Manager for a leading in-house distribution business within the Nottinghamshire region.
This position is not only a fantastic opportunity for a Logistics professional to work within an award winning organisation, it will also offer fantastic development opportunities to progress to a Regional Manager / Director level role within the coming years. Whilst in role you will be tasked with overseeing the duties within the DC along with realigning business strategy and ensuring business excellence.
Reporting to the Regional Manager / Regional Director the Warehouse General Manager will lead key members of the management team, to ensuring the highest deliverable and standards are achieved on a daily basis. Driven by achieving results, you will analyse data and use it to drive the performance of your team.
This role will also include:
- Managing the headcount on site for the Nottingham operation, fluctuating in peak periods.
- Be responsible for the sites Automation and its configuration.
- Maintaining a cost effective operation whilst driving cost deficiencies.
- Maintaining high levels of customer service across both internal and external parties.
- Being responsible for driving Health & Safety management on site.
- Being the interface internally and driving the presence of the Logistics division.
- Strong IT knowledge would be advantageous.
- Previous experience of coaching and mentoring teams at all Operational levels.
- Being the central figure for driving continuous improvement across the operation.
- Management of various external 3PL Transport & Parcels carriers.
The successful candidate for the Warehouse General Manager role will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree Educated - Essential
- Qualifications in Business / Finance - Advantageous
- Have a minimum 5 year's experience across a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Have worked at a Senior Operations Manager / General Manager level previously.
- Automation experience is essential for this role.
- Have managed in excess of 200+ people previously.
- Have worked within an in-house environment previously - Advantageous
- Have experience in managing outsourced Transport / Parcels providers.
- Have a proven track record of delivering financial results vs budgets.
- Have a good level of commercial awareness.
- Be commutable to Nottinghamshire.
This role will offer:
- Salary - £65,000 - £75,000
- Company Bonus up to 30%
- Company Car / Car Allowance
- Plus; Pension, Private Health care, DIS and additional company benefits.