I am working exclusively with a leading UK Retailer around a brand new role within their Distribution Centre in Peterborough. This company operate within a unique area of the retail market, servicing the whole of the UK from their NDC facility.
Their business is continuing to go from strength to strength, gaining market share and over 5% business growth across 2019, this role comes to market at a very exciting moment to join the business.
The key responsibilities for the Warehouse General Manager role are to;
- Report to the Head of Logistics.
- Be responsible for all on site Logistics activities across a 24/7 operation.
- Contribute and drive a cultural shift throughout existing and incoming operational team.
- Manage and liaise with existing site customers.
- Drive a culture of progression, motivation and development of all Distribution Centre staff.
- Manage the relationship between the business and various 3rd party suppliers.
- Actively seek operational improvements to benefit both existing and new customers.
- Create KPI's to manage performance and productivity adopting new technique and process where this is necessary.
- Develop strategy to advance the business in the marketplace, efficiency and staff engagement.
- Be the spearhead for Health and Safety operational excellence within the site.
The successful candidate for the Warehouse General Manager position will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- A minimum of 2 years experience at a General Manager level.
- Have managed teams in directly of over 200 people.
- Owner of, and adherence to, operational budgets of c. £2M
- Be able to evidence the implementation of a KPI suite.
- Have a good understanding of Health & Safety awareness and had previous responsibility at site lead level.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop team memebrs and creating an inclusive culture.
- Be within a commutable distance of Peterborough.
This candidate may have worked in a: Operations Manager, Senior Operations Manager, Warehouse Manager, Depot Manager, Logistics Manager, General Manager, Head of Logistics or Operations Director role previously.
This position offers a benefits package including:
- Salary - £50,000 to £60,000.
- Company Car / Car Allowance.
- 10% discretionary Bonus.
- Pension package.
- 25 Days + 8 Bank Holidays.
- Private Medical care.
- Additional company benefits.