Warehouse Manager - Melton Mowbray - Supply Chain and Fulfilment
Your new company
My client are a storage, supply chain and fulfilment business based in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire.
Your new role
This Warehouse manager role will be working in a quickly growing and ever changing environment. Managing a team to 6 Team Leaders and c 40 operatives you will be encouraged to innovate and given the scope and freedom to continuously improve the operation.
- Carries out daily and weekly labour scheduling and forecasting to meet capacity.
- Responsible in ensuring existing and new clients are set up correctly in the warehouse.
- Estimates the timing of processes and costings for quotes.
- Liaises with agencies to ensure there are sufficient agency workers at peak times and manages both agency and flexi workers.
- Attends management meetings and contributes positively to them.
- Manages the team to ensure KPIs and SLAs are met.
- Managing and controlling the standards for warehouse processes in accordance to ISO 9001 and 14001.
- Takes ownership for all warehouse activities including client visits, health and safety, internal and external audits and maintenance.
- Is commercially aware of the departments performance and understands the critical success factors in delivering the effective running of the operation.
- Focuses on development and training of the team and increasing productivity.
- Monitors time and task recordings for direct and non-direct labour.
- Fully accountable for stock and location accuracy and integrity.
- Conducts and manages thorough non-conformance investigations and proactively seeks solutions.
- Conducts audits, health and safety checks and process adherence
- Implements process improvements including IT developments.
- Understands, communicates and delivers the company business plan and mission with the wider team.
- Conducts appraisals and recognises excellent team performance.
- Responsible for the reporting and communicating of performance.
- Plans for future business capacity requirements.
- Develops best practice warehouse flow and excellent housekeeping.
- Liaises closely with all team leaders and teams to ensure the smooth running of the entire warehouse on a day to day basis.
- Constantly seeks ways to continuously improve warehouse processes.
- Assume a positive team role & contribute to the 'family' spirit of the business.
- Oversee maintenance of vehicle, machinery and equipment.
- Plan, co-ordinate and monitor the receipt, order, assembly and despatch of goods
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the workplace and follow company procedures
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum qualifications to grade C Maths and English, with excellent knowledge of Microsoft computer packages.
- Excellent knowledge of warehouse management systems.
- Previous experience of managing a team.
- Demonstrates initiative and can work alone or as part of a team.
- Showcased improvements to standards.
- Understands the core processes of warehouse operations.
- Multi- channel/ 3PL fulfilment experience preferred.
- IOSH qualification or equivalent.
- Understanding of ISO 9001 and 14001 desirable.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a strong basic salary plus all of the other advantages of working in this genuine 'family' culture. Including a strong holiday allowance from day one.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.