You will be working for a Top 100 global forwarder, with 150 offices in 80 countries, providing access to 5,000 logistics professionals worldwide. They leverage enthusiasm, experience and resources to reduce costs, improve product availability and increase responsiveness throughout our client's global supply chains.
The Warehouse Manager will report into the Account Manager and is based in Hemel Hempstead. The key responsibilities include:
- Manage the day-to-day functions for a smooth operation, across the three shifts.
- Champion a safe working environment, ensures Health & Safety is adhered to across the site and on all shifts.
- Promote an efficient working environment, encouraging and driving our section leaders to utilize the workspace in a smart, safe and structured manner.
- Achieve and exceed the clients targets, requests and expectations and deliver on Key Performance Indicators while observing budgetary constraints throughout the year.
- Maintains warehouse staff results by recruiting, coaching, mentoring and disciplining fewer than 60 FTEs plus temporary staff.
- Plan and execute ECOM/Web sales, clearly communicating with staff, the client and the team leaders to ensure all additional workload is actioned smoothly.
The successful Warehouse Manager will:
- Excellent communication skills, as the role requires extensive customer, recruitment and supplier contact at various levels.
- Excellent, focused and clear planning and organisational skills
- Problem solving skills with a 'can do' mindset
- Familiarity with JDA or similar Warehouse Management Systems.
- Process reengineering; Working with the customer and operational team to review SOP's & processes to ensure a continuous improvement culture
- Experience in a Ecommerce environment, preferably in Fashion.
- Able to 'think on their feet' while working under pressure and to tight deadlines in a busy and demanding environment.
- Live within commutable distance of Hemel Hempstead.
A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer for the successful Warehouse Manager.