Michael Page Logistics have partnered with a Leading 3PL Business in their search for a Warehouse Operations & Contract Manager. This role will play a key part in this organisations expansion plans, overseeing their RDC in Leicester.
They are an easily recognisable, innovative and growing company, representing a number high profiled customers for their UK Distribution. This role will oversee the day to day Warehousing operations for the site, reporting into the General Manager for the facility. The successful candidate will have full site autonomy and a real opportunity to put their stamp on the DC.
The Warehouse Operations & Contract Manager role will require the individual to:
- Report to the General Manager.
- Manage a team of 80+ heads through 2 direct reports at a Manager level.
- Be responsible for inbound, pick, pack and outbound operations.
- Act as a direct point of contact for the customer/s on a daily basis.
- Have full control of the operating budget for headcount.
- Be responsible for the inventory management through your teams.
- Full site H&S control.
- Accountable for people development within the operation.
- Be responsible for the strategic growth of the account/s for the business.
- Commutable to Leicester.
This role would suit a candidate that has worked in a; Warehouse Shift Manager, Warehouse Manager, Contract Manager, Warehouse Operations Manager, Logistics Manager, Depot Manager, Site Manager or General Manager role previously.
The successful candidate for the Warehouse Operations & Contract Manager role will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- A minimum of 3+ years Logistics management experience.
- 3PL experience is highly desirable, ideally across a multi-user customer base.
- E-Commerce / Retail exposure will be considered advantageous by the client.
- Have managed in excess of 80+ staff previously.
- IOSH and NEBOSH qualifications - Advantageous but not essential.
- Have experience of LEAN methodologies - Advantageous.
- Experience on managing budgets up to £1M per year.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be results driven and commercially minded.
- Be commutable to Leicester.
This role offers:
- Salary - £45,000 to £50,000.
- Company Bonus Scheme.
- Holidays - 25 + 8 Holidays.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Plus additional company benefits.