You will be joining a Global Leading Manufacturer who distributes worldwide. The business continues to supply a family of unique products within their niche sector and are at the forefront of their market.
Your role as Warehouse Operations Manager based in Stoke will be to oversee the Warehousing, Dispatch, Internal and Subcontract processing functions of the business, servicing customers within the Companies technically demanding multi-national client base.
- Control of the Companies order book ensuring both short and long lead time orders are produced and dispatched both timely and accurately
- Responsible for 4 direct report and a team of approx. 12-15
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding the companies On Time Delivery targets.
- Manage senior warehouse staff to plan and allocate resources appropriately across multiple shifts
- Promote good stock management and housekeeping standards
- Manage Dispatch and Subcontract admin team, to ensure product quality and appropriate documentation.
- Responsible for the quality of delivered Product, Packaging and Paperwork.
- Identify opportunities to continually improve working practices to ensure safety, accuracy and efficiency, promoting the a 'right first time' culture
- Managing the Companies subcontract transport partners
- Maintain good record keeping practices in line with the both internal and legal requirements.
- Responsible for maintenance of the Companies plant and equipment.
- Manage stock levels of consumables
- Implementation of cost down initiatives
- Maintain good communication between all of the Companies sites
- Organising and / or delivery of appropriate training for the operations team
- Communicate between Suppliers and Senior Management
This is a full time permanent role: 8.30am - 5pm Monday to Thursday and 4pm Finish on a Friday
To be successful with your application for Warehouse Operations Manager you will have previous experience within an operational level role with strong management skills working in a fast paced environment.
- Highly organised individual with previous exposure to a variable, fast paced environment
- Previous experience of operations / production management, ideally within a distribution, metals or engineering industry
- Strong leadership skills, ability to learn and apply new concepts and overcome obstacles with change
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work with and influence others in a fast-paced environment
- Technical skills and knowledge of technical elements of manufacturing and engineering, and the ability to identify flaws in processes or products
You will receive an attractive salary and benefits including:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Christmas Shutdown
- Profit Share Bonus %
- Pension Contribution