Rapidly growing distributor with a site in Birmingham, who have grown exponentially into a well-recognised and trusted company winning numerous awards over the years.
- The successful Warehouse Operations Manager will recruit, hire, and train new warehouse employees. Coaches, counsels, schedules and disciplines current warehouse employees as needed by enforcing policies and procedures.
- Contributes to creating and recommending strategic plans and reviews in order to achieve operational objectives. Prepares and implements production and quality plans based around customer service standards.
- Resolves problems and identifies trends. Forecasts requirements, prepares annual budgets, schedules expenditures, analyzes variances and initiates corrective actions in order to meet financial objectives of the warehouse.
Determines product handling and storage requirements to develop warehouse operations systems.
- Develops, implements, evaluates and enforces policies and procedures. Develops processes for receiving product, utilizing equipment, managing inventory and shipping product. Develops and implements effective warehouse layout that accounts for product flow, equipment and product handling systems.
- Establishes, follows and enforces safety standards and procedures in compliance with a healthy work environment and legal requirements.
The successful Warehouse Operations Manager must have:
- Ability to manage processes
- Ability to manage team members effectively
- Reporting skills
- Previous warehouse operations manager experience within both a retail and wholesale environment.
- Experience in working in start up environments is desirable.
- Must have at least 5 years management experience within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain.
- Must be able to commute to a location in Birmingham.
- A chance to manage a new flagship site in Birmingham
- A Competitive Salary plus benefit package (Salary dependent on experience within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain)