Our client is a leading FMCG business.
The Warehouse Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the operation and performance of the warehouse in order to consistently provide service excellence to customers without compromising safety, service, people and costs. Based at our clients site near Maidstone, key responsibilities will include:
- Run the warehouse operation in order to meet agreed budgets and KPIs covering costs, productivity and service standards.
- Manage the deployment and performance of the warehouse team in order to drive operational efficiencies, service excellence and productivity within the business.
- Think and plan strategically in order to improve upon the operation of the Warehouse so that it can offer a better service to customers.
- Demonstrate the expected behaviours and standards of a people leader to help recruit, engage and develop the capability of our people and generate the right customer service culture for our business.
- Ensure company assets in the warehouse (stock, cages, pallets etc.) are controlled and accounted for at all times in order to keep costs down.
- Supporting and working with the sales teams to provide the right service to customers and ensure the retention of accounts.
- Support and work with other depots in order to ensure service levels are achieved
- Manage the relationships with the Central departments to enhance internal service standards and facilitate service through to the customer.
- Ensure that good management practice and all processes are followed in order to ensure the health and safety of our employees and customers.
- Ensure that all audits and legal standards are met and exceeded to ensure the compliance of the depot.
The successful Warehouse Operations Manager will live within a commuting distance of Maidstone and be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- Experience of managing a warehouse operation within a fast moving food distribution environment
- Evidence of effective people management and leadership
- Experience of effective cost management and able to work within tight budgetary controls
- Effective planning and communication skills
- Experience of working effectively within a team to provide customer service
- IOSHH qualified or equivalent
A competitive basic salary and package will be offered to the successful candidate.