Our client is a leading 3rd Party Logistics provider a leader in their field. The are investing in both people and technology to ensure they are can operate as efficiently as possible while providing an exceptional customer experience.
Culture is extremely important within the operation they are focused on delivering an operation that focuses on people development and engagement to provide exceptional customer experience and world class service.
The role of Senior operation manager will be pivotal to the development of the Distribution centre.
- Lead a large team of middle and junior managers to develop an inclusive performance culture
- Provide "best in class" service to all customers
- Responsible for budget and review of regional monthly reports.
- Manage compliance for safety and quality initiatives.
- Observe performance, analyse cause & effect, and take appropriate action.
- Develop and be accountable to operating plan and financial commitments.
- Communicate operating plan targets, action plans, and status on a regular basis.
- Promote continuous improvement in safety, quality, delivery, and cost performance through continuous improvement and leading positive change.
- Support staff or team members by providing training, instruction, and leadership with regards to their personal growth and job performance.
- Work collaboratively with internal leadership and team members throughout the Company Identify inefficiencies and streamline processes
- Deputise for the general manager when required.
The successful candidate for the Warehouse operations manager position will ideally have:-
- A drive to develop their career and the managers reporting into them.
- Significant experience in logistics, warehousing, and fulfilment centre management.
- Business management or operational experience in a fast-paced environment;
- experience in a high-growth environment is an asset.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to build partnerships with your teams and peers.
- You will excel at influencing and motivating people.
- Have exposure to large scale multi-temperature retail distribution operations managing team sizes in excess of 200 people
Basic Salary £45-50,000 + Benefits, a progression route and development plan to general manager level and beyond.