My client is in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain Sector. My client started off as a family run business and are now considered to be a market leading brand.
The Warehouse Operations Manager in Gloucestershire will be responsible for...
- Responsible for the despatch of site produced orders to meet customer requirements within budget and to agreed On Time and In full targets.
- Manage Department costs to budget to ensure minimum spend for maximum output, within agreed parameters
- Responsible for ensuring health and safety compliance; including but areas such as risk assessments, equipment maintenance and repair, documented safe operating procedures, safe manual handling etc.
- Regular documented audits of routing to continuously improve both service and cost efficiency.
- Proactive approach to managing a large team in terms of recruitment, communication, training, performance management etc
- Analysing KPIs to identify opportunities to continually improve performance
- Liaising with any Agency/Third party suppliers to ensure full understanding of site and duty roles, including inductions.
- Developing effective internal and external relationships, ensuring timely communication and a customer focused approach
- Good management techniques in warehousing disciplines - Pick -
Pack and Despatch operations.
- Experienced Person Management techniques in Warehousing and Despatch to maximise performance and minimise cost.
The Warehouse Operations Manager must have...
- Previous Warehouse Management experience
- Previous experience using a WMS
- Previous logistics management experience in a busy and demanding environment
- Strong people management experience
- Able to plan and execute and deliver targets with a continual emphasis on improving performance
- Ideally holds a IOSHH qualification or has significant experience of driving improvement in health and safety within a logistics environment
- Effective problem solving, analytical and organisation skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation and with both internal and external customers
- Proven track record of effective decision making
- A 'can do', proactive approach, with the ability to motivate others
- IT literate
The Warehouse Operations Manager will receive...
- A salary of up to £43,000 + benefits
- Pension Scheme
- Monday to Friday Day Shifts
- Bonus Scheme