The Warehouse Shift Manager provides a critical role in delivering a successful Warehouse operation. The shift manager will be responsible for managing a team of up to 80 warehouse operatives and team leaders on a daily basis. Providing them with leadership and direction to achieve the key departmental targets. This is a permanent role based in Merseyside with fixed shift patterns of either 06:00 - 14:00 or 14:00 - 22:00.Client Details
A well respected, high growth Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain operation with a number of sites UK wide. This is a perm role based in Merseyside.Description
The role of the Warehouse Shift Manager:
- Deliver and promote a culture of safety within the operation, through team mate engagement, pro-active identification of issues and understanding of incident root cause through accident investigation.
- Ensure that the company is compliant with regulations, by working with the quality department to maintain and develop SOPs. Take responsibility to be aware of and address issues with SOP non-compliance.
- Manage a team of approximately 30-80 warehouse operatives.
- Lead continuous improvement activities, focused on safety, quality and productivity. Use Lean principles to guide improvements.
- Engage in root cause analysis activities to eliminate problems from the operation.
- Develop and maintain resourcing plans to ensure your department has sufficient resources to meet the daily operational demands. Ensuring that you have the right resources and right equipment at the right time.
- Promote a culture of colleague engagement
- Take ownership to problem solve issues for clients and work collaboratively with other functions to find solutions the customers.
What the Successful Warehouse Shift Manager applicant will look like:
- Experience in supervisory leading teams and working in fast moving environment
- Ability to effectively and purposefully analyse data
- Delivering and leading process change
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in team environment
- Experience in managing people
- Working knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems
- Degree Qualification (desirable)
- Working knowledge of Lean Principles and CI
- Logistics 3PL / Retail / Multi-Temp experience
Salary: £34,000 - £38,000 (DoE)
Hours: 1 position on fixed 06:00 - 14:00
1 position on fixed 14:00 - 22:00