My client is in the Logistics, Distribution and Supply Chain sector and is a Leading 3PL.
The Warehouse Shift Managerbased in Bristol will be responsible for the following...
- Leading and managing a Warehouse team of up to 100.
- Ensure that all daily duties , procedures and processes are completed and adhered to on a daily basis to ensure a high level of service is achieved
- Determine and implement a Warehouse organisation best suited to maximize efficiency and deliver targeted performance levels.
- Taking ownership of shift level performance, managing daily KPI reporting for activity and through-puts.
- Provide strong visible leadership in order to ultimately manage staff through performance, management and training.
- Manage absence procedures and back to work
- Resource planning in line with demands.
- Improve Warehouse and Distribution operational efficiency.
- Supporting and executing a continuous improvement plan to improve warehouse operations.
- Building effective relationships with a range of cross functional internal stakeholders and external suppliers and contractors e.g. agency suppliers, transport, contractors etc)
- Continuously drive a Health and Safety focused culture within the Warehouse team.
- Delivery of all step change and business requirements within Warehouse and Distribution with business needs and demands; monitoring and planning resource requirements to support the changing demands of the business.
- Develop SOP's for Warehouse and Distribution processes in order to ensure optimisation and compliance with standards and regulations.
- Manage all Warehouse and Distribution related customer complaints, identifying root cause and implementing corrective actions.
- Effectively communicate across all departments and sites, actively involving the workforce through regular reviews.
A successful candidate for the Warehouse Shift manager in Bristol will have...
- Previous, demonstrable experience within a similar level role
- Excellent leadership skills, with a track record of engaging and coaching large teams, with particular emphasis on continually improving performance through development and succession planning.
- Has led and driven multiple change management or continuous improvement projects.
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for inspiring your teams to achieve their best.
- Professional, approachable and helpful to ensure smooth running of the general operation.
- Team Player with ability to motivate and empower others.
- Confident Manager, skilled at setting clear objectives and motivating their team to achieve them.
- Quality orientated and customer service driven.
- Proven experience of managing and implementing Health and Safety Culture.
- Highly tolerant of change, being able to work with an evolving organisation.
- Able to thrive in a highly competitive and demanding environment.
The Warehouse Shift Manager (based on experience) will earn
- Salary of £34,000-£36,000
- 4 on 4 off shift patterns with alternate days and nights