Our client are a market leader in Logistics. Due to the continued development of the depot they are looking to additional talent at a management level.
In the role of Shift Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Manage a team of Operational Support Supervisors to ensure effective and efficient running of the site
- Support with the management of the transport and warehouse function within the site to ensure the cost effectiveness, efficiency, and service standards are maintained
- Providing support and assistance in managing performance and working with the site Manager to ensure compliance with agreed KPIs.
- Assisting the site Manager in ensuring that the operation runs smoothly and delivers the agreed tasks in line with relevant timeframes
- Supporting the site Manager in ensuring that all health and safety standards are adhered to.
We are looking to speak to candidates who have the following skills and experience:
- Exposure to operating within a commercial environment sufficient to develop effective customer service and commercial understanding
- Previous warehousing experience
- An un understanding around UK Distribution legislation and best working best practices
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety and associated regulations.
The role I available on a full time permanent contract and will require flexibility around working patterns although it is expected to alternate across an early and late shift, 5 days of 6. You will receive a competitive salary and the opportunity to progress further.