My client are a multi-national 3PL provider who are currently looking for a Warehouse Shift Manager - Days Only to join their newly established and expanding team in Leicester. The business have just secured a new 5 year lease on the site, with many key contracts having just been renewed, thus providing long-term stability and security.
The successful Warehouse Shift Manager - Days Only will be responsible for:
- A team of up to 30 colleagues across a days shift pattern.
- Reporting into and deputising in the absence of the Site General Manager.
- Developing further relationships with key stakeholders in Inventory, Transport, Finance and HR to conduct your daily duties.
- Achievements of key performance KPI's
- Assisting in team development and supporting a culture of change.
- Helping mentor and develop a full team training plan in conjunction with the on-site training time.
- Helping motivate a close-knit team in a continuous improvement environment.
- Planing and control the allocated resources effectively within the team.
- Conducting various HR and back-to-work meetings.
- Working in conjunction with the on-site Union to develop performance.
The Warehouse Shift Manager - Days Only you will be required to have prior hands-on experience within the industry. You will be seen as a person who wants to develop change and help move towards the senior levels of management within logistics. Additionally you will desirably have the following skills and the ability to commute to Leicester area.
- Have a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Have a minimum of 3+ years Warehouse supervisory and / or management experience.
- Experience managing upwards of 20 employees in a warehousing & logistics environment.
- Have experience in working for a 3PL business - advantageous.
- Past exposure to new start ups would be advantageous.
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualified - Advantageous.
- History of continuous improvement - Six Sigma, Kaizen, Lean Management - Advantageous.
This role offers:
- Salary - £26,000 to £30,000 (DOE)
- Company Bonus.
- Company Pension scheme.
- Holiday allowances.
- Plus additional company benefits.