You will be joining a well established business who have become a leading global distributor. With a growing international presence supported by operations across Europe, my client offers a diverse range of products and operate within a fast growing industry.
As Warehouse Shift Manager (PM Shift) your role is to support the operation in delivering goods to customers in a safe, timely and accurate manner. You will also drive the development of the operation to deliver efficiencies develop teams through performance and development reviews along with:
- Ensure operational flexibility through effective training and planning to deliver high levels of service to the customer, exceeding their expectations wherever possible.
- Measure and manage productivity.
- Manage resource effectively to ensure full utilisation and efficiency.
- Interrogate any errors and work to understand root cause and address.
- Complete regular audits to ensure that processes (both operational & H&S) are being followed.
- Constantly maintain, develop and update procedures, processes and policies for the department and maintain good practice in line with Company standards.
- Motivate and empower employees, whilst constantly seeking opportunities to improve morale and communication in the department.
- Work with your team to ensure fully defined job descriptions for each role in the department and ensure all employees understand their responsibilities within their roles and are managed according to them.
- Ensure the appropriate training and development of all employees within your department takes place and that training documentation and records are kept up to date for all employees.
- Ensure that all personnel issues are handled appropriately and in a timely manner and that all associated records and documentation are accurate and up to date for all employees in the department in line with Company policy.
- In addition to these functions, you will be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required to meet the needs of the business.
This role is to manage the PM shift Monday - Friday 2.00pm - 10.30pm
To be successful with your application for Warehouse Shift Manager (PM Shift) you will have previous experience leading and developing a team within a fast paced warehouse environment.
- Strong focus on H&S
- Proven leadership and motivation skills
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills and an ability to solve problems
- Able to analyse data and produce reports/presentations to management as required
- Possess a results driven approach focusing on working to and exceeding targets
- Demonstrate a strong commercial instinct in relation to the impact of your role and department on customers and the business
- Proven skills in planning and organising workloads for both yourself and the department
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate commitment and self-motivation towards achievement of objectives
As Warehouse Shift Manager (PM Shift) based in Chester you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Shift allowance
- Holiday entitlement
- Pension contribution