I have partnered with a growing 3PL who have a national coverage and big presence in the area. It is a multi-client site with a total warehouse space of over 50k square feet. Due to the continued growth of this particular contract, they now require a Rotational Shift Manager to run the Warehouse operation between Monday and Friday, 6-2 & 2-10.
- To manage, inspire and develop their operational team focused on delivering client SLA, meeting KPI standards and achieving client and budget targets
- To build a strong team focused on service excellence and people development at all times maintaining a safe working environment
- To support the Shift Manager in ensuring the handling & dispatch of all customer product is achieved to optimum levels of cost and efficiency through the effective supervision and control of their staff,
- Meet all compliance and legal requirements in relation to site and business activities on their shift.
- Ensure clear understanding and adherence to company policies across the team.
- To be the communication conduit between the colleagues under their direct control and the Shift Manager, and then upwards through the line.
- Client Management - fully understand the clients expectations and KPI's
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent administration skills
The successful applicant for the position of Warehouse Shift Manager (Rotational Shifts) will have the following skills and experience:
- MUST have a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background
- MUST have worked as a Warehouse Team Leader, Warehouse Supervisor or Warehouse Manager for a minimum of 2 years
- Have experience of managing 25+ operatives
- Have past experience of developing and coaching teams, with examples
- Ideally have worked for a 3PL
- MS Excel Super User, highly preferable
- Happy with working 6-2 & 2-10 rotational shift patterns
- Excellent knowledge of warehousing
- NEBOSH/IOSH preferable
- Commutable to Cambridgeshire
- WMS Knowledge
- Salary: £28,000 - £32,000
- Plus: Holidays, Pensions Contributions plus additional company benefits packages and schemes.
- Hours: Monday to Friday, Rotational Shift Pattern (6-2 & 2-10)