My client is in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain sector. They are a market leading FMCG manufacturing operation.
The Warehouse Shift Supervisor in Merthyr Tydfil will be responsible for...
- In-bound & out bound logistics: Supplier to delivery destination
- Integrity of stocks and the accuracy of reporting for the site
- Receiving / storage / Issuing to each of the separate manufacturing units in the site
- 3rd Party Supplier Management, selection & contract negotiation
- Service Management, single point of contact / ownership - Logistics
- Leadership & management of all logistics staff
- Deliver on customer commitments in terms of deliveries on time & in full
- Establish & manage a LEAN approach to Logistics
- Set and achieve cost targets / budgets to meet standard costs
- Ensure Logistics are aligned with other key functions
The Warehouse Shift Supervisor must have...
- Previous management experience within a Warehouse operation
- Previous HR process experience e.g. Performance Management
- Have previously worked with a WMS
- Leadership , management and development of a cross functional team
- Extensive experience and knowledge in Logistics and FMCG services
- Background in industry, ideally commercial branded FMCG background and/or manufacturing environment
- Good Commercial acumen / understanding
- Project management skills
- Interpersonal & HR management skills
- Lean or Six sigma Black belt
The successful candidate will receive...
- A salary of up to £29,000 depending on experience
- Pension Scheme
- 4 on 4 off shift patterns