My client is a market leader in the automotive sector with experience in the industry dating back to 1932! They currently run a large scale operation in Halifax and are actively looking to grow their team.
On a daily basis the successful Warehouse Shift Supervisor will report into the Warehouse Operations Manager and lead a team of 15 highly successful colleagues. You will also have responsibility for the following areas:
- Daily management of 15+ colleagues, rising to 32 during peak.
- Basis managerial responsibility such as Return to works, appraisals, absence management
- Joint responsibility for continuous improvement within the warehouse such as GEMBA walks and Kaizen events.
- Based upon one of the key warehousing sections, i.e. inbound, outbound, pick & pack, replenishment or e-commerce.
- Responsible for all health & safety across site and promoting a safe atmosphere in which to work.
- Colleague engagement is at the forefront of the business, thus you will be expected to promote a healthy environment.
The successful Warehouse Shift Supervisor will be based in Halifax and embody the following experience / skills:
- 2+ years experience in Team Leader and / or Warehouse Management.
- Strong background of knowledge in warehousing and logistics
- Proven track record of leading teams of 15+ colleagues.
- IOSH or NEBOSH is desirable, but not essential.
- Any history of CI or Kaizen would be advantageous.
- Ability to cover either a 22:00-06:00 or 14:00-22:00 shift
- 5 Weeks Annual Leave
- £1,200 Optional Managers Bonus
- Shift patterns of either 22:00-06:00 or 14:00-22:00 shift