A market leading 3rd Party logistics provider who is going through a period of investment and development. The are leaders in their field providing a variety of services to their customers covering, Retail, Fashion, Food and Automotive to name a few.
The role of Solutions Design Manager (warehouse) manager will include:
- Supporting new business opportunities with existing customers for new scope of activity and retention/renewal projects - providing both project leadership and solutions design support, and occasionally new business projects
- Providing support to the nominated vertical Business Development lead, through the solutions team, in developing commercially compelling and innovative solutions for new customers from data collection through to modelling/sizing, detailed costing, proposal input and presentation preparation
- High levels of interaction with the customer in conjunction with the sales and operational lead to position the on going solution development into a commercially attractive, winning proposition
- Keeping abreast of developments in logistics within the designated industry sector and ensuring that this information is shared with the relevant Solutions and Operations teams
- Work with Operations teams to create account development plans for each existing customer, focusing on achieving 100% success in renewals and creating profitable organic growth through the delivery of new products and services with a revenue target per annum.
- Thoroughly understand the business activities of assigned Customers, and in particular their supply chains, to identify business development opportunities.
- Develop an engagement strategy with the operations teams to target the key stakeholders in Customer's organisations who have responsibility for renewals and new logistics business opportunities, to create a pipeline of development activity.
Lead the nominated customer through the Solution Design process :
- Data collection, analysis, creation of business overview documentation
- Modelling to convert business metrics into warehouse and transport solutions, including network design, channel selection, routing and scheduling, warehouse layout/sizing and productivity/labour planning.
The successful Solutions Design Manager (warehouse)candidate will / will have:
- Experience of successfully supporting logistics solutions as either a Solutions manager, Solutions Engineer or solutions analyst
- Experience of logistics operations
- Experience of support customer solutions
- Experience of advanced modelling / costing techniques
- experience working with CLASS, AutoCAD, or similar modelling tools would be advantageous
- Demonstrate people development, motivational, communication and team skills.
- Generates motivation to act, to go the extra mile
- Varied experience of different logistics sectors would be advantageous
Excellent basic Salary and benefits package